Full Time position, Salary and benefits
The Pride Centre of Edmonton is a non-profit, registered charity. The mandate of the organization is:
To coordinate and provide health and social support services for lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgendered persons, their families, and communities, and
To educate the public by offering educational programs and seminars related to gay, lesbians, bisexual and transgendered issues in the general community and to collect and disseminate information to the general community, and To operate community programs to be used for the benefit of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons, their families and the general community.
Interested candidates must submit a resume and covering letter by Friday July 29th, 2016 to:
Pride Centre of Edmonton
10608-105 Ave, Edmonton, AB T5H 0L2
Please no phone calls. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pride Centre is committed to ensuring that members of traditionally marginalized groups, from a broad range of communities, feel empowered to apply for positions within the organization. We encourage qualified applicants to consider opportunities with the Pride Centre as we recognize that a diverse are critical to accomplishing our mission.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Trans Support Services Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of current trans programming, regional mapping, development, piloting, revision, evaluation a network of programs and supports for trans and gender diverse individuals in Edmonton and the surrounding regions.
- Work collaboratively with the Programs, Youth and Education Departments, as well as external partners as appropriate.
- Deliver existing trans programming.
- Develop a framework for development of a service delivery model for trans and gender diverse people
- Organize a series of Engagement Sessions with members of the trans and gender diverse communities
- Undertake a regional environmental scan and map service access points and gaps for the trans and gender diverse community
- Develop a Logic Model and evaluation strategy
- Develop the structure, content and learning objectives of programs and resources.
- Develop appropriate materials, delivery models and other resources for programs
- Support the education department in delivery of community education
- Develop a marketing and promotion plan
- Pilot new programs.
- Compile learnings and impact of programming and evaluate success.
- Develop a series of recommendations and next steps for policymakers, as well as a proposed funding strategy that reflects the resource requirements of the Logic Model
- Assess need for ongoing capacity building among the trans and gender diverse population
- Maintain subject matter expertise and contemporary understanding of adult learning methodologies, LGBTQ2S equity and human rights.
- Additional duties as assigned, in support of the mandate and responsibilities of the department.
- Degree in education, equity studies, social work or related field (education and experience equivalence may be considered)
- Minimum two years’ experience in peer support and program development with a variety of delivery models
- Strong familiarity with LGBTQ2S communities and LGBTQ2S human rights and inclusion more generally.
- Detailed understanding of and ability to develop programs identify service needs relating to gender identity, gender expression and trans communities more broadly.
- Strong understanding of intersectionality and anti-racist/anti-oppressive (ARAO) practice, with a demonstrated ability to embed ARAO into curricula and resources.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to assess and adapt to diverse audiences and learning styles.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis and reasoning.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability.
- Robust organizational skill set.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independantly and in a team environment.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing learning.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit, LGBTQ2S community and/or social justice environment.
Drivers License and access to a vehicle is required
Criminal record/vulnerable sector check required